There are a number of reasons a timber floor needs sanding and revitalisation:
- To remove scratches and damage
- To fix cupping and bowing
- Discolouration due to direct sunlight, stains
- A high foot traffic area in the home
- Flood damage
- Termite damage
There are many DIY options on the market for sanding and refinishing your floors, some good, some bad. What you need to keep in mind is sanding, prepping and finishing your timber floor is not as easy sometimes as it seems. It’s a job best left to the experts.
Here’s some of the reasons why you should hire an expert to sand and polish your timber floors:
- The equipment that is often for hire is not as good quality as the professional gear we use.
- The finish will not last as long and will probably need to be done again in 2-4 years, typically through a sanding professional the longevity is 7-10 years.
- It will take you much longer than a professional, so bear this in mind and allow extra time if you choose to go down the DIY path.
- It usually messier, we have state of the art sanding machines that collect the majority of dust when we work.
- The savings doing the work DIY may be minimal when you factor in the cost of materials, labour and equipment hire.
Not only will a professional floor sander make your home look amazing, it will also add value to your property. With proper upkeep and polishing, your floors will always look new and fresh.
Some quick tips:
We suggest ripping up the carpet and/or tiles yourself and moving the furniture to keep costs down before hiring a professional to sand and finish.
Beaches Timber Floors provide expert flooring services to all of Sydney, the South Coast and Illawarra Region and pride ourselves on quality workmanship. Our experienced team will bring your tired old floors to life.
For a free in home measure and quote – contact us at Beaches Timber Floors on 0401 184 444 or email